TagsAeolis Mons Arizona State University ASU atmosphere Bagnold Dunes Beautiful Mars Cape Tribulation channels clouds craters Curiosity dunes dust Endeavour Crater Gale Crater High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment HiRISE Malin Space Science Systems Marathon Valley MARCI Mars Color Imager Mars Exploration Rover Mars Odyssey Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter Mars Science Laboratory mass wasting MER Mount Sharp MRO MSL MSSS Murray Formation NASA Naukluft Plateau Opportunity sand dunes Stimson Formation storms THEMIS THEMIS Image of the Day Thermal Emission Imaging System University of Arizona volcanics weather wind
- CRISM: Compact Reconnaissance Imaging Spectrometer for Mars
- CTX: Context Camera
- HiRISE: High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment
- MARSIS: Mars Advanced Radar for Subsurface and Ionosphere Sounding
- SHARAD: Shallow Radar
- THEMIS: Thermal Emission Imaging System
- All Mars missions list
- Mars 2020 Rover
- Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution Mission (MAVEN)
- Mars Exploration Rovers (MER)
- Mars Express (MEX)
- Mars Odyssey
- Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) / Mangalyaan
- Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO)
- Mars Science Laboratory (MSL)
Tag Archives: Aram Chaos
Candidate human exploration zone in Aram Chaos. Beautiful Mars series.
Splendor in the rocks. (Aram Chaos) Beautiful Mars series.
THEMIS Image of the Day, December 21, 2016. Today’s false color image shows part of Aram Chaos. This is an ancient impact crater that was filled with sediments, flooded, and eroded. The THEMIS VIS camera contains 5 filters. The data … Continue reading
A previous image, ESP_025954_1835 showed some striking dark downslope flows. Since this is a dark, low-dust setting, these are probably not slope streaks (which form in bright dusty areas). This image can provide us with another look, particularly in order … Continue reading
Here and there in Aram Chaos. Beautiful Mars series.
Beautiful Mars series: Ridges, mounds, and dune seas in Aram Chaos. More Beautiful Mars images.