TagsAeolis Mons Arizona State University ASU atmosphere Beautiful Mars Cape Tribulation channels craters Curiosity dunes dust Endeavour Crater ESA Gale Crater High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment HiRISE Malin Space Science Systems Marathon Valley MARCI Mars Color Imager Mars Exploration Rover Mars Odyssey Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter Mars Science Laboratory mass wasting MER Mount Sharp MRO MSL MSSS Murray Formation NASA Naukluft Plateau Opportunity Pahrump Hills sand dunes Stimson Formation storms THEMIS Themis Image of the Day Thermal Emission Imaging System University of Arizona volcanics weather wind
- CRISM: Compact Reconnaissance Imaging Spectrometer for Mars
- CTX: Context Camera
- HiRISE: High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment
- MARSIS: Mars Advanced Radar for Subsurface and Ionosphere Sounding
- SHARAD: Shallow Radar
- THEMIS: Thermal Emission Imaging System
- All Mars missions list
- Mars 2020 Rover
- Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution Mission (MAVEN)
- Mars Exploration Rovers (MER)
- Mars Express (MEX)
- Mars Odyssey
- Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) / Mangalyaan
- Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO)
- Mars Science Laboratory (MSL)
Tag Archives: double craters
Dual craters east of Lockyer Crater (Note: North is to the left in this image). Beautiful Mars series.
THEMIS Image of the Day, December 7, 2016. This VIS images shows part of two unnamed craters in Noachis Terra. The younger of the two craters is at the bottom of the image with one side visible in the image. … Continue reading
THEMIS Image of the Day, August 26, 2014. Today’s VIS image shows a landslide deposit within a complex crater (note the ejecta to the top and bottom of the image). There is a smaller complex crater on the ejecta to … Continue reading
Out and about in a crater in northern Nili Fossae. Beautiful Mars series.
THEMIS Image of the Day, May 19, 2014. This unnamed channel is located on the northwest margin of Arabia Terra. More THEMIS Images of the Day by geological topic.