TagsAeolis Mons Arizona State University ASU atmosphere Beautiful Mars Cape Tribulation clouds craters Curiosity dunes dust Endeavour Crater ESA European Space Agency Gale Crater High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment HiRISE Malin Space Science Systems Marathon Valley MARCI Mars Color Imager Mars Exploration Rover Mars Odyssey Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter Mars Science Laboratory mass wasting MER Mount Sharp MRO MSL MSSS Murray Formation NASA Opportunity sand dunes Stimson Formation storms THEMIS THEMIS Image of the Day Thermal Emission Imaging System University of Arizona Vera Rubin Ridge volcanics weather wind
- CRISM: Compact Reconnaissance Imaging Spectrometer for Mars
- CTX: Context Camera
- HiRISE: High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment
- MARSIS: Mars Advanced Radar for Subsurface and Ionosphere Sounding
- SHARAD: Shallow Radar
- THEMIS: Thermal Emission Imaging System
- All Mars missions list
- Curiosity rover
- Hope (al-Amal) orbiter
- Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution Mission (MAVEN)
- Mars Exploration Rovers (MER)
- Mars Express (MEX)
- Mars Odyssey
- Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) / Mangalyaan
- Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO)
- Mars Science Laboratory (MSL)
- Perseverance Rover
- Tianwen-1 orbiter/rover
Tag Archives: Her Desher Vallis
THEMIS Image of the Day, December 21, 2018. This VIS image shows a section of Her Desher Vallis. This channel is located in Noachis Terra. See more THEMIS Images of the Day by geological subject.
These small ripples, about 10 meters apart, are located in Her Desher Vallis. Her Desher is a small channel that shows evidence of phyllosilicates—silicates with a sheet-like structure, such as clay minerals. Much larger images of this area show that … Continue reading
Landforms at west end of Her Desher Vallis. Beautiful Mars series.
THEMIS Image of the Day, May 4, 2015. This VIS image shows a portion of Her Desher Vallis, located in Noachis Terra. More THEMIS Images of the Day by geological topic.