TagsAeolis Mons Arizona State University ASU atmosphere Bagnold Dunes Beautiful Mars Cape Tribulation channels craters Curiosity dunes dust Endeavour Crater Gale Crater High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment HiRISE Malin Space Science Systems Marathon Valley MARCI Mars Color Imager Mars Exploration Rover Mars Odyssey Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter Mars Science Laboratory mass wasting MER Mount Sharp MRO MSL MSSS Murray Formation NASA Naukluft Plateau Opportunity Pahrump Hills sand dunes Stimson Formation storms THEMIS Themis Image of the Day Thermal Emission Imaging System University of Arizona volcanics weather wind
- CRISM: Compact Reconnaissance Imaging Spectrometer for Mars
- CTX: Context Camera
- HiRISE: High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment
- MARSIS: Mars Advanced Radar for Subsurface and Ionosphere Sounding
- SHARAD: Shallow Radar
- THEMIS: Thermal Emission Imaging System
- All Mars missions list
- Mars 2020 Rover
- Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution Mission (MAVEN)
- Mars Exploration Rovers (MER)
- Mars Express (MEX)
- Mars Odyssey
- Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) / Mangalyaan
- Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO)
- Mars Science Laboratory (MSL)
Tag Archives: hills
There are many hills and knobs on Mars that reveal aspects of the local geologic history. Typically the hills in the relatively-smooth region surrounding this image are flat topped erosional remnants or mesas with irregular or even polyhedral margins. These … Continue reading
THEMIS Image of the Day, September 16, 2014. The region shown in this VIS image is part of Gigas Sulci. More THEMIS Images of the Day by geological topic.
THEMIS Image of the Day, July 28, 2014. The term “colles” means hills. The hills in this VIS image are located on the northern plains near Phlegra Dorsa. More THEMIS Images of the Day by geological topic.
THEMIS Image of the Day, July 15, 2014. The group of hills in this VIS image are located on the floor of a large unnamed depression in northern Arabia Terra. More THEMIS Images of the Day by geological topic.