TagsAeolis Mons Arizona State University ASU atmosphere Beautiful Mars Cape Byron Cape Tribulation clouds craters Curiosity dunes dust Endeavour Crater Gale Crater High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment HiRISE Malin Space Science Systems Marathon Valley MARCI Mars Color Imager Mars Exploration Rover Mars Odyssey Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter Mars Science Laboratory mass wasting MER Mount Sharp MRO MSL MSSS Murray Formation NASA Opportunity Perseverance Valley sand dunes Stimson Formation storms THEMIS THEMIS Image of the Day Thermal Emission Imaging System University of Arizona Vera Rubin Ridge volcanics weather wind
- CRISM: Compact Reconnaissance Imaging Spectrometer for Mars
- CTX: Context Camera
- HiRISE: High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment
- MARSIS: Mars Advanced Radar for Subsurface and Ionosphere Sounding
- SHARAD: Shallow Radar
- THEMIS: Thermal Emission Imaging System
- All Mars missions list
- Mars 2020 Rover
- Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution Mission (MAVEN)
- Mars Exploration Rovers (MER)
- Mars Express (MEX)
- Mars Odyssey
- Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) / Mangalyaan
- Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO)
- Mars Science Laboratory (MSL)
Tag Archives: lava flow
Exposed cross section of a flow in Phlegra Montes: Material may have moved down the valley, then been truncated. If this is indeed what happened, this could be important because it shows the inside of a flow. Beautiful Mars series.
THEMIS Image of the Day, March 8, 2016. Today’s false color image shows part of the plains of Terra Sabaea. The THEMIS camera contains 5 filters. The data from different filters can be combined in multiple ways to create a … Continue reading
Daedalia Planum lava flow. Beautiful Mars series.
This observation shows the full-width of a HiRISE image and its enhanced color strip, which only covers approximately 20 percent of the picture. The image is approximately 6 by 6 kilometers and is located east of Noctis Labyrinthus, in a … Continue reading
An ancient lava field and its scars. Beautiful Mars series.