TagsAeolis Mons Arizona State University ASU atmosphere Beautiful Mars Cape Tribulation channels clouds craters Curiosity dunes dust Endeavour Crater Gale Crater High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment HiRISE Malin Space Science Systems Marathon Valley MARCI Mars Color Imager Mars Exploration Rover Mars Odyssey Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter Mars Science Laboratory mass wasting MER Mount Sharp MRO MSL MSSS Murray Formation NASA Naukluft Plateau Opportunity sand dunes Stimson Formation storms THEMIS THEMIS Image of the Day Thermal Emission Imaging System University of Arizona Vera Rubin Ridge volcanics weather wind
- CRISM: Compact Reconnaissance Imaging Spectrometer for Mars
- CTX: Context Camera
- HiRISE: High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment
- MARSIS: Mars Advanced Radar for Subsurface and Ionosphere Sounding
- SHARAD: Shallow Radar
- THEMIS: Thermal Emission Imaging System
- All Mars missions list
- Mars 2020 Rover
- Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution Mission (MAVEN)
- Mars Exploration Rovers (MER)
- Mars Express (MEX)
- Mars Odyssey
- Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) / Mangalyaan
- Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO)
- Mars Science Laboratory (MSL)
Tag Archives: Nirgal Vallis
THEMIS Image of the Day, June 22, 2017. Do you see what I do? Someone on Mars is smiling at me. (THEMIS Art #131) More THEMIS Images of the Day by geological topic.
THEMIS Image of the Day, March 2, 2017. This VIS image shows a portion of Nirgal Vallis. A tributary of the channel is seen on the left side of the image, with the main channel crossing the image from left … Continue reading
Terrain northeast of Nirgal Vallis. Beautiful Mars series.
The gullies in this image are within the valley wall of an ancient channel — Nirgal Vallis — a testament to flowing water in Mars’ ancient past. However, the formation of gullies are still the subject of much debate with … Continue reading
Possible phyllosilicates in Nirgal Vallis. Beautiful Mars series.