TagsAeolis Mons Arizona State University ASU atmosphere Bagnold Dunes Beautiful Mars Cape Tribulation channels clouds craters Curiosity dunes dust Endeavour Crater Gale Crater High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment HiRISE Malin Space Science Systems Marathon Valley MARCI Mars Color Imager Mars Exploration Rover Mars Odyssey Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter Mars Science Laboratory mass wasting MER Mount Sharp MRO MSL MSSS Murray Formation NASA Naukluft Plateau Opportunity sand dunes Stimson Formation storms THEMIS THEMIS Image of the Day Thermal Emission Imaging System University of Arizona volcanics weather wind
- CRISM: Compact Reconnaissance Imaging Spectrometer for Mars
- CTX: Context Camera
- HiRISE: High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment
- MARSIS: Mars Advanced Radar for Subsurface and Ionosphere Sounding
- SHARAD: Shallow Radar
- THEMIS: Thermal Emission Imaging System
- All Mars missions list
- Mars 2020 Rover
- Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution Mission (MAVEN)
- Mars Exploration Rovers (MER)
- Mars Express (MEX)
- Mars Odyssey
- Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) / Mangalyaan
- Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO)
- Mars Science Laboratory (MSL)
Tag Archives: Phlegra Montes
Flow of material through a gap in a crater rim in Phlegra Montes. Beautiful Mars series.
Possible glacial-like outwash systems in Phlegra Montes. Beautiful Mars series.
THEMIS Image of the Day, December 22, 2015. This VIS image shows a portion of the hills that make up Phlegra Montes. More THEMIS Images of the Day by geological topic.
THEMIS Image of the Day, December 7, 2015. Today’s VIS image shows an elevated group of hills east of Phlegra Montes. This highland is divided by a linear channel that is most likely of tectonic origin. More THEMIS Images of … Continue reading
The objective of this observation is to investigate the nature of large fissures in a smooth apron around a mound in the Phlegra region. The apron could be (or could have been) ice-rich, so one possibility is that the fissures … Continue reading