TagsAeolis Mons Arizona State University ASU atmosphere Beautiful Mars Cape Byron Cape Tribulation channels clouds craters Curiosity dunes dust Endeavour Crater Gale Crater High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment HiRISE Malin Space Science Systems Marathon Valley MARCI Mars Color Imager Mars Exploration Rover Mars Odyssey Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter Mars Science Laboratory mass wasting MER Mount Sharp MRO MSL MSSS Murray Formation NASA Opportunity sand dunes Stimson Formation storms THEMIS THEMIS Image of the Day Thermal Emission Imaging System University of Arizona Vera Rubin Ridge volcanics weather wind
- CRISM: Compact Reconnaissance Imaging Spectrometer for Mars
- CTX: Context Camera
- HiRISE: High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment
- MARSIS: Mars Advanced Radar for Subsurface and Ionosphere Sounding
- SHARAD: Shallow Radar
- THEMIS: Thermal Emission Imaging System
- All Mars missions list
- Mars 2020 Rover
- Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution Mission (MAVEN)
- Mars Exploration Rovers (MER)
- Mars Express (MEX)
- Mars Odyssey
- Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) / Mangalyaan
- Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO)
- Mars Science Laboratory (MSL)
Tag Archives: Protonilus Mensae
Layers and flow features in Protonilus Mensae. Repeat image to look for glacial and periglacial changes. There are also some interesting superposition of glacial, polygon, gully, fan, and crevasse features. Who wants to take a hike? Beautiful Mars series. [More … Continue reading
Multiple curved ridges at the end of a valley in Protonilus Mensae. Beautiful Mars series.
Flow on the side of a mesa in Protonilus Mensae. Beautiful Mars series.
Channelized valley east of Protonilus Mensae. Beautiful Mars series.
Layered features in craters in Protonilus Mensa. Beautiful Mars series.
Flow leaving a mesa valley in Protonilus Mensae. Beautiful Mars series.
THEMIS Image of the Day, July 4, 2014. The hills in this VIS image are part of Protonilus Mensae, located on the northern margin of Terra Sabaea. More THEMIS Images of the Day by geological topic.