TagsAeolis Mons Arizona State University ASU atmosphere Beautiful Mars Cape Tribulation channels craters Curiosity dunes dust Endeavour Crater ESA Gale Crater High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment HiRISE Malin Space Science Systems Marathon Valley MARCI Mars Color Imager Mars Exploration Rover Mars Odyssey Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter Mars Science Laboratory mass wasting MER Mount Sharp MRO MSL MSSS Murray Formation NASA Naukluft Plateau Opportunity Pahrump Hills sand dunes Stimson Formation storms THEMIS Themis Image of the Day Thermal Emission Imaging System University of Arizona volcanics weather wind
- CRISM: Compact Reconnaissance Imaging Spectrometer for Mars
- CTX: Context Camera
- HiRISE: High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment
- MARSIS: Mars Advanced Radar for Subsurface and Ionosphere Sounding
- SHARAD: Shallow Radar
- THEMIS: Thermal Emission Imaging System
- All Mars missions list
- Mars 2020 Rover
- Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution Mission (MAVEN)
- Mars Exploration Rovers (MER)
- Mars Express (MEX)
- Mars Odyssey
- Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) / Mangalyaan
- Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO)
- Mars Science Laboratory (MSL)
Tag Archives: valleys
A small valley within a larger valley in Terra Sirenum. Beautiful Mars series.
The ancient highland channels in this image empty into the Eridania Basin (not visible), a large topographically low enclosure with smooth-appearing terrains that may have once contained a large paleolake or ancient sea. Water in these channels flowed to the … Continue reading
Channelized valley east of Protonilus Mensae. Beautiful Mars series.
Valley cross-cutting a circular landform — These dune ridges are only tens of meters or less apart. Beautiful Mars series.
A fresh shallow valley in north Arabia Terra. Beautiful Mars series.
This relatively fresh, shallowly incised valley was once filled with water and/or ice and flowed to the west toward a large, local depression in northern Arabia Terra (36.5 degrees north, 0.3 degrees east). This type of valley is younger and … Continue reading